Nov 10, 2009

One year ago...

Today marks the one year anniversary of my Grandfather's passing. Man, oh man, do I miss him so. I miss him everyday, I miss him anytime I need a good laugh, I miss him anytime I see a fishing rod, I miss him anytime I need a funny song, oh how I miss him.I miss him for Olivia. She will never know him, only by the pictures I have to show. She loved her Great-Grandpa. She was only 6 months when he lost his battle, but she knew him. Anytime she went to his house, she would smile. She would go to him, she would laugh with him, she would nap with him. Oh how I miss him for her.



I miss him for my Granny. She is a very, very strong woman. She never left his side, she never stopped worrying, and she never stopped caring. To this day, as hard as it is, she is still strong. She is strong for her daughters, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She is strong her herself. I love you, Granny.


I miss him for all of us.

Dear Grandpa,
We miss you oh so much. We are staying strong, listening to God's word, and waiting for the day when we will be together again.
Love, Goober

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I miss him too. The fishing rod got me..we have one of his in the garage and everytime I see it I think of him. Many times I think I should take it down and move it and yet I still haven't done it.

Thanks for writing what I still cannot.

Love you little sister!

Christina said...

What a touching post...I can tell your grandpa meant so much to you. I'm thinking of you and your family. :( Your grandma is beautiful, by the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails